Thursday, April 16, 2009

popovers.



I have never used my popover tin, so it is getting tested out and broken in this weekend for sure. Neiman's is famous for them and we have eaten our fair share of them over the years at work. With some strawberry butter and mimosas (and Ryan home!), I'll feel like I'm dining at the Zodiac on Saturday morn... I can't wait!
They are surprising easy, so I thought I'd share Kevin's recipe here.
OR another variation:
Popovers
INGREDIENTS
4 tbsp melted butter
6 eggs
2 cups milk
2 cups flour
Salt
DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Butter and flour a popover pan or six 6-ounce custard cups.
Beat eggs slightly, and then beat in flour, milk, butter and salt until just smooth; being careful not to overbeat. Fill custard cups 1/2 full.
Bake at 450 degrees for 20 minutes. Decrease oven temperature to 350 degrees and bake for 15 minutes more. Immediately remove from cups and serve warm.

2 comments:

Jen McCrady said...

oooooo i'm jealous... those are my favorite!

Lindsay Schardt said...

yummy, save one for me! :)