Monday, April 13, 2009

giving tree.

I re-read the Giving Tree 4 times last night... I know everyone has read it, but it is quite possibly one of my favorite all time books. Shel Silverstein's masterpiece is now become a staple coffee table book at the Frazier household.

To give and give until you think you can give no more is absolutely beautiful to me. I saw it through my mother & father for 25 years, and now, as a wife, I get to see it through Ryan. It is the most sincere picture of love that I can possibly think of.

To love someone so much you would give it all. To love someone so much you think of them way before you would even fathom yourself. To recognize their needs before they even know they need them met...

“For true love is inexhaustible; the more you give, the more you have. And if you go to draw at the true fountainhead, the more water you draw, the more abundant is its flow.” - Antoine de Saint - Exupery

That my friends, is Christ's love... and that love embodied is just a little slice of heaven on earth that I have been so overwhelmingly showered with.

No comments: