Monday, April 27, 2009

dish.


Dish: The new fun, hip LC Lauren Conrad brand will launch exclusivly to Kohl's in October in over 300 stores! I don't ever watch her shows, but I have a girl cruch on her solely due to her sense of style and how she makes everything look chic, yet casual... this news makes me uber excited.
I found this interview:
Style Guy: What is the inspiration behind your collection?
Lauren Conrad: The inspiration behind my new line for Kohl's is the relaxed but chic California lifestyle. Basically items that are cute, comfortable and can go from day to night.
SG: Who approached who? Did you go to Kohl's, did Kohl's come to you?
LC: It was mutual. I had been looking into major retailers for quite some time and I think they were looking into me. We met in Milwaukee and the rest is history.
SG: What are your thoughts on discount shopping?
LC: I think everyone likes to get great items at a "bargain". It really isn't discount shopping, it is smart shopping.
SG: How do you shop to be economical and frugal?
LC: I think you buy staple pieces in basic colors so you can wear them over and over and make the outfit look different by changing accessories.
SG: As a young entrepreneur, what are your focuses while starting a new venture in these economic times?
LC: My focus is and always has been to provide clothes that I would wear myself. Stuff that can take you from day to night and can be dressed up or down. Staples every girl should have in their closets.
SG: As a role model for young girls-- what are your summer style tips?
LC: Dress for your body type and never wear something you don't feel comfortable in.
Can-NOT wait to see her stuff...
interview from here.

1 comment:

CaseyWiegand said...

just wanted to say I love reading your blog...I miss you and that you are wonderful :)