Wednesday, February 3, 2010
I am all about easy, fast recipes since I get home from work so late. I am leery to post recipes like this because, well, they can get boring... but, we had this last night for dinner, I have to say, it was pretty darn yummy. It was super easy and quick... plus we have easy leftovers for tonight. I tore it out of my Southern Living mag. last month, and finally made it. You should try... I think you'll enjoy without much hassle.
Linguine With Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Hands-on Time: 16 min.; Total Time: 26 min.
Yield: Makes 6 servings
1 (16-oz.) package linguine
1 (7-oz.) jar sun-dried tomatoes in oil
1/4 cup pine nuts (I used almonds)
3 garlic cloves, minced ( I used 4 cloves)
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 (4-oz.) package crumbled feta cheese
2 tablespoons thin fresh basil strips ( I used dry basil)
1. Prepare linguine according to package directions.
2. Drain tomatoes, reserving 2 Tbsp. oil. Cut tomatoes into thin strips.
3. Heat pine nuts in a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat, stirring often, 5 minutes or until toasted and fragrant. Remove nuts from skillet.
4. Increase heat to medium, and sauté garlic in 2 Tbsp. reserved oil and olive oil in skillet 1 minute or until garlic is fragrant. Stir in tomatoes, and remove from heat.
5. Toss together tomato mixture, hot cooked pasta, feta cheese, and basil in a large bowl. Sprinkle with toasted pine nuts.
Posted by Mrs. Frazier