Thursday, July 29, 2010

sharing the wealth....


So, people... I wanted to share some great sites that can save you a booku of moola & are great for some great discount home decor. Now, some of them you probably know about... but lets pretend, for this post's sake, you have never heard of the internet & we'll start from the begining... "a very nice place to start." You have to keep your eye out & think outside the box... but these sites are where I typically browse before purchasing anything for our home. I try to scope them out regularly to see what they are offering:

Overstock.com - Of course you have been here, but really, before I even buy anything from anywhere, even Home Depot or Target, I pop over to see if I can find it cheaper here.
shopgoodwill.com - Its more addicting than ebay... now, I can say I have never purchased anything from here, but really, your jaw will drop at some of the prices. {I am just leery of what the shipping costs would be?}

OneKingsLane.com - Become a member for free... and you can get some awesome, chic designer home decor items for up to 70% off. Most of the items are of great quality, for a fantastic price.

nobetterdeal.com - Its hit or miss, but you can buy returns & overstock items from some large retail companies... like, I said, hit or miss, but worth the perusal.

estatesales.net - People always ask how I find estate sales... well, mainly, the hidden gems are found when I am driving around & happen on one {and I never pass it up}... but this site lets you plug in your zip & find some ops in your area. {sometimes, some of the sales listed are by the companies that come in & put it on & can be a tad overpriced... You have the best luck with the private sellers.}

etsy.com - duh again, but I know a lot of people go there merely for gifty, cutesy items, but they also sell great fabric & some furniture pieces. love.

lewis&sharon.com - before I buy fabric from anywhere, I check them out first. They always have the cheapest fabric by the yard prices... also, you can physically call Zimman's (781. 598.9432) which is a fabric store I stumbled upon online based in Massachusetts, and see if they carry your fabric. They are so helpful & will ship it to you, anywhere, as well.

craigslist.com - of course... but you can always find some great little bargains.
I always spy some great treasures on these sites... not like I indulge regularly, but when I am searching for something specific, they are helpful... and its fun to dream, right? Now go check them out... ok, perf.
Now all I need is that cutie little nugget above in the pic... Happy Friday's eve!

2 comments:

lesapeamusings.blogspot said...

Thank you so much for the goodwill link.

Lisa xx

the Jennings secede from the South said...

I've never heard of the onekingslane site- thanks!