Friday, February 27, 2009

happy picture Friday.


Happy Friday! This picture makes me grin big when I look at it.
I saw one of the sweetest couples on the train this morning... making their way into D-town. They looked like very long time companions and best friends, but moreover, what moved me is that they appeared still so in love and so attuned to the other individuals wants and needs. They were just exchanging information in the easiest fashion, both observing a map of Dallas, and one would sincerely listen to the other for their thoughts and ideas. They were going on a little adventure in Downtown Dallas together(or so I conjured up in my head). Being not one year yet into marriage, it makes me so excited to grow old with my best friend and continue to do life with him... from the little details of going to the grocery to the changing of life's seasons, till we are like Exhibit A from the train today. I looked up what companion meant... (I have been on a researching kick) and did you know "companion" also means "circle." I love this. My counterpart encompasses, encloses, and envelopes me. We coil, revolve, and orbit around each other... he's my other semi- circle.
"The person who tries to live alone will not succeed as a human being. His heart withers if it does not answer another heart. His mind shrinks away if he hears only the echoes of his own thoughts and finds no other inspiration. " - Pearl S. Buck
Here's to finding, enjoying, and being with your other semi- circle.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mel, this made me smile too. Thanks for warming my heart!