Tuesday, March 1, 2011

A few randoms...



I have been loving interior doors painted black... I think they add such drama, while still staying classic. They pair so well with hardwood floors and crisp, white trim. Our home right now, has low, ranch style ceilings so I think black doors would close in our space... but someday, with higher ceilings, trying this will be a must!
I have been researching calligraphy classes in Dallas for the past couple of weeks... I specifically want a class that teaches copperplate calligraphy. Then, of course, I saw Jordan's classes she offers at her studio... {perfect!} ... oh wait, in San Fransisco. Anyone want to take a trip? Or, more specifically, anyone know of any great calligraphy classes in the Big D area?
Cannot get over this pic of Gwen & Kingston at the L.A.M.B. finale... I spied it on The Cut, {NY Mag's Daily Fashion section} & couldn't help but smile. "Oh Gweny Gwen Gwen."
LOVE this 3.1 Phillip Lim's big bow dress... I keep seeing large bows tied at the collar of a lot of the garments on the runway & love it. So fun & feminine. I wear my grandmother's passed down cashmere camel coat ALL the time, its the warmest piece I have... I would love to add a detail like this to it somehow. hmmm...
Adele's new CD has been rockin my world, more specifically my past weekend. She was on constant repeat & I can. not. get. enough.

::: More random thoughts :::
::: I am learning its pretty hard to mess up a pasta dish & pretty easy to concoct any combination you want. Last night I made angel hair with sun-dried tomatoes, toasted almonds, goat cheese, minced garlic, basil, pepper, oregano, oil and salt... random, but very de-lish.

::: MF Creative Designs is such a fun little side endeavor... however, with a full- time regular day job, I get so frustrated that I don't devote anytime to branding or marketing or even designing for pleasure. Anyone else with little part time side businesses feel this way? I LOVE the extra business, I just feel like I can't keep up or ever focus on it. I am working on a balance... but then that balance takes away from the balance of time spent with friends, hubs, etc... its a sick cycle. I'm trying to sort it out, but thankful for the crazy fun that it brings.

::: With Style & Grace is a new favorite blog of mine... beautiful food images, & great, fresh healthy recipes. Check it out.

Happy Tuesday!

2 comments:

gypsy life said...

i just love your blog! and you friend:)

With Style and Grace said...

Thank you so much for the sweet comment & link love on your blog, I'm completely honored! Hope you're having a wonderful day, xo!