Wednesday, September 9, 2009

simplicity.





Simplicity is defined as freedom from artificial ornament, pretentious style, or luxury; plainness; as, simplicity of dress, of style, or of language; simplicity of diet; simplicity of life.

Simplicity is something so hard to grasp in our day in age and I struggle with it in my profession. The word 'superfluous' comes to mind when I think of everything that grabs our attention and robs us of the simple truth & purpose of our lives. We are surrounded by so many distractions and for lack of better words, stuff. I am working on truly getting back to the basics.
Loving these images that remind me of the basics and at the end of the day, what really matters.... who you live your life for & who you live your life with.
I do love who I get to come home to at the end of the day and for just that alone, I am forever grateful.
PS.- Isn't she one chic image of 'The Boxcar Children." Come on, who didn't want that chipped pink mug that Violet owned or want to own a dog named Watch.
{images via verhext.}

No comments: