Friday, November 6, 2009

type A.

To me, there is nothing better than going to go pick out a new planner for the next year, transferring over all your dates on fresh pages, and starting a new, clean slate. I am someone that just cannot get past having a good, trusty, hard copy, hand-written, daily planner at my side. Again, don't get me wrong, I love technology, but this is just another area I cannot get myself to move into fully and give up the old ways. My iCalendar gets left abandoned, even my work Lotus notes goes neglected and very unused. My wonderfully worn, well loved, overly used 8.5 x 5" planner is never not by my side, in my handbag, where ever I go... It carries grocery lists, birthdays, anniversaries, chores to do, reminders to keep, dry -cleaning slips, dog- shot stickers, parties to attend, postage stamps, impromptu get togethers, weddings to celebrate, library book due dates, gifts to buy, meetings to make, people to call, things to take back, coupons, inspiring tear sheets, tickets, meal cooking plans, and doodles or sketches. I have wholeheartedly moved over to support the Moleskin with a whole glorious blank page on each week for my list making and doodling... I highly recommend it. Heck, I highly recommend just going back to the good old days and carrying your loveable, trusty planner with your for any creative or planning itch that occurs. { I am a type- A old woman, and I am fully aware of it. } Seriously though, go try it. go on...

3 comments:

The Lacys said...

I love reading your blog! You are such a good writer and so creative :)

Sean and Brianne said...

i love my PLANNER!! i couldnt live without it either! i need to get my 2010 one! i bought one for my mom today.. where do you get yours? Love ya mel!!

Scar said...

I LOVE moleskins! Do you use the daily or weekly version?