Tuesday, September 21, 2010

the chair.


Finally, here is my birthday present... our wingback recovered! I am in love! I wanted a pattern that was bold, but not too bold or too trendy where I would grow tired of it over the years. I also wanted a color/pattern I could move from room to room and not pigeon hole myself. We are really happy with it... if you need a very reasonable re- upholsterer in Dallas, I have got the place!
I also sewed some pillows to tie in more of the gray/ blue color... I fell in love with the fabric, but it didn't work on the chair, so I moved it to some pillows on the sofa...
and a for neckroll-ish pillow for the bench...
I also sewed a blue/creme pillow in a coordinating fabric for Senga to lay her little head on this winter. We pulled the colored rug out of this room, moved it to our bedroom, and pulled this one in from the garage. We had it in here a few years ago, but at the time, it seemed too dull and needed more color... now, we have color elsewhere, so this little thing made a reappearance to tone & calm the room back down. I love it now, it is more peaceful and seems to fir out taste & personalities more.

Happy late birthday to me & happy, happy Tuesday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love that chair!! where did you find your floor lamp??!